Your service start date depends upon whether you are placing a move-in order for service for a new service address or switching electricity service providers at your current service address.
If you are placing a move-in order for service at a new service address, a standard new Move-In connection takes three (3) business days to be processed by your Transmission Distribution Service Provider (TDSP; example: Oncor or CenterPoint). Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days, and there are also federal holiday weekdays not considered to be business days. Also, you can sign up for your new Move-In connection with Bounce up to ninety (90) days in advance of the desired date you want to begin your service with Bounce.
Bounce does provide Priority Move-In service where customers can receive move-in service started within 24-48 hours across two (2) business days. If you select Priority Move-In service, you will be assessed a one-time fee on your first bill with Bounce, as determined by the TDSP in your area. Typically, if a customer places a Priority Move-In Order and pays all the necessary fees (including any required deposit amount), service for the customer will begin within 24 hours. Ultimately, the time frame for a Priority Move-In is determined by the TDSP technician workload.
If you are switching electricity providers at your current service address, a standard switch takes between one (1) and seven (7) business days for your TDSP to process. Saturday and Sunday are not considered business days, and there are also federal holiday weekdays not considered to be business days. If you are looking to place a switch order for a specific date that is more than 7 days in the future, you can place a Forward Switch with Bounce up to ninety (90) days in advance of the desired date you want to begin your service with Bounce.
Unfortunately, the TDSPs do not provide any form of Priority Switch of service at this time.
For Pennsylvania residents:
All orders for service placed for a residential service address with Bounce Energy will be considered a switch from your old Electric Generation Supplier (EGS) to Bounce. It will take a minimum of eleven (11) days from the day you place your order with Bounce before your service can be switched to Bounce, though it can also take 3-8 weeks for the switch to be completed.
The length of the switch process depends upon a range of factors, but it follows this basic process:
- When you place the switch order with Bounce, we will inform the Electric Distribution Company (EDC) for your area of your desire to switch.
- The EDC will then send you a confirmation letter.
- This letter is a notification of a 10-day waiting period in which you can cancel the switch to Bounce.
- The letter will include your name, service address, EDC account number, the selected EGS (Bounce in this case), and the service effective date.
- The rescission period begins the day the EDC sends the letter to the customer.
- If the 10-day rescission period expires and you have decided to not rescind your switch to Bounce, we become the EGS of record for your service address.
- After Bounce becomes the EGS of record, you will receive service from Bounce at your service address at the beginning of your next full billing cycle.
- You will not switch to Bounce in the middle of a billing cycle.
- If the recession period even ends on Day 1 of your current billing cycle with your old EGS, then you will not switch to Bounce officially until the end of that current billing cycle.